Wednesday 26 March 2014

BA3 - Concepting in ZBrush

I've began to concept my idea for a Castle that moves from place to place across the world. I started using ZBrush since Mark has always said that it can be used to concept in 3D, so I thought I would give it a go. I've quickly created two ideas using ZSpheres which you can see below.



The first of these concepts was created based around the base of a Pirate Ship. I've adapted the legs from Howls Moving Castle onto the side of the ship to allow the structure to move, and the castle has been created out of a number of towers similar to that of Maleficent's castle that I looked at earlier. As you can see from the 3/4 view of the sculpt, the castle is connected to the rest of the deck similar to a Motte and Bailey castle.



This is the second of these concepts that I have created in ZBrush. The castle has been placed much more centrally with more symmetrical towers, and instead of being mounted on a Pirate Ship the castle sits on a kind of creature with four legs, similar to the Starwhale idea that I explored from Doctor Who.

Looking at both of these concepts, I personally don't feel either of them have much promise and I won't be continuing on with them into the next stage of development. I will next work on concepting my idea in 2D rather than 3D, however it was worth experimenting in ZBrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment